Monday, March 19, 2012

Junk Paper!!!

So, a quick one today. I have spent the last 2 1/2 days trying to configure our new router and various devices in hopes of maintaining an internet coneection for longer than 3 minutes. No luck yet...and it's Monday, the day to pay bills, order inventory, write paychecks, make bank deposits, but while sitting at lunch today, with the lovely ladies from the office, the Stampin Up owl punch that I ordered came to me via UPS.  We opened it and my husband, just messing around, started punching the owls from junk mail laying on the table. The ladies from the office started stacking the pieces and assembling these cute little junk paper owls. I ran to get glue and inspiration struck me (over the head, mostly). After lunch, and after another couple of hours of desk work, I sat down and punched a few more junk paper owls, assembled them and ran to my table of craft "crack" ie. supplies for those not hooked yet. The result was this little card.


The angle (and the "artistic" smudging over the top of the test, which actually looks really good on the card...but you can't tell it here) makes it hard to read the outside sentiment - one of these things is not like the others ...- the inside sentiment- one of these things just doesn't belong... (I was channeling Seseme Street today)



Aren't the junk paper owls cute?




The inside is also pretty cute. See the blue owl's little owl face expression in the photo below, he is shocked.. and the others are too. See how they have moved away?



What fun it was to make this card. It was a spot of sunshine on a day pouring rain. Did I learn anything? You bet. Inspiration can strike under the most banal circumstances, junk paper can make an excellent craft supply, and television has sunk deeply into my subconscious, maybe too deeply! Oh, yeah, I know the beak was assembled upside down, but once started, best continued in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment