Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Some days things just work out...

Today I was playing with some cool new cutting dies from Spellbinders. They arrived hot off of the press (or forge or whatever), anyway, the box was smoking when I opened it yesterday. These are the Cut, Fold & Tuck dies and they are soooooo neat.



There are several different designs and each package contains 3 graduated sizes. The one pictured is called "Spectacular Spin". These are very reminiscent of the "Lysee" or "Geo-Dies". I have been eyeing this type of die for 2 years after seeing a picture of the technique in a card-making book. I will say that the Spellbinders iteration is really economical in comparison to the other dies of this type. If you want to use dies like these and techniques like this, remember to look for double sided paper and when you find it, write the company and thank them. It is getting harder and harder to find, as companies are eliminating it as a cost-cutting measure. This is from a K & Co. paper pad called "McKenna".


But....what really worked out is that, while assembling this card, I had a dear friend call and in the course of conversation mention that today is her birthday. Yayy, now I knew how I wanted to finish this 4" by 4" card.


So, what did I learn today? I learned that some days, it just all works... techniques, colors and a special occasion. Happy Birthday, Jeanne.


No comments:

Post a Comment