Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Variations on a theme...

You can expect to see a few cards made with the Spellbinders Cut, Tuck and Fold dies in the upcoming days. I am just facinated by them. The card below is what I think of as a suitable color palatte for anybody and multiple occations ... and I look forward to completing the inside when it is needed. I am not certain how the colors will translate to the web, but the card base is black, to which I have adhered a peacock front, a black mat, a yellow mat and the folded medallion. Along the bottom of the black and peacock mats, I use a MS edger/embosser combo. I also slid a strip of the yellow cardstock under the lower edge of the peacock mat so that it shows through and it livens it up a little.



This medallion technique is the "cat's pajamas" and what I learned today is to use a unbent paper clip and the cricut spatula to carefully remove the cardstock or paper from the die. The die cuts well, but it is a real "bear" to remove without tearing. I also learned to sloooow dooown and enjoy the trip, ie. the entire card making experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment